At the festival of traditional martial arts in Hanoi in August 2015, on behalf of the state and the Olympic Committee of Vietnam, the leaders of the World Federation of Traditional Martial Arts of Vietnam (WFVV) unanimously decided to award the title of International Grand Master at 11 personalities, including 2 of Vovinam-Viet Vo Dao:
- Master Phan Duong Binh, the last direct disciple of Grand Master Nguyen Loc founder, still active in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Master Tran Nguyen Dao, Secretary General of World Council of Masters of Vovinam Viet Vo Dao
There are also other masters of other disciplines known internationally as:
- Master Pham Xuan Tong, founder of Qwan Ki Do
- Master Nguyen Cong Tot of Viet Vu Dao
And 7 other masters, the most illustrious of Vietnam.
This event is unique because it is the first time in the history of Vietnamese martial arts, the state and the Olympic Committee of Vietnam and the World Federation of Traditional Martial Arts of Vietnam award such as the great masters by way recognition of their contribution to the development of Vietnamese martial arts in the world.
On behalf of the World Federation of Vovinam-Viet Vo Dao, I extend to all the great masters, my congratulations and respects for their immense contribution past, present and future, to radiate culture of Vietnamese martial arts in the world.
President of Vovinam-Viet Vo Dao World Federation
Master Nguyen The Thierry
Convening of the 8th World Congress
of Vovinam-Việt Võ Đạo – 2016
- In accordance with the internal rules of the World Council of masters of Vovinam-Việt Võ Đạo.
- In accordance with the statues of the World Federation of Vovinam-VVĐ.
Dear masters, members of the World Council of Masters and dear leaders of the national federation, we are delightful to announce that the 8th world Congress of masters and the general assembly of the World Federation of Vovinam-VVĐ will take place in California, USA in early July 2016, organized by the Vovinam Viet Vo Dao Federation of Western United States.
The 8th World Congress 2016 will be a new turning point for our organization on the world plan. We have to reelect all our leaders of our world structure.
It will be a special moment to be held in time every 4 years. This is an opportunity for masters and representatives to bring their contributions, to provide their opinions and vote on decisions ... about projects, proposals or international conventions... to make improvements to our organization.
This is also an opportunity for teachers from all continents to present themselves at passing ranks, to sustain their thesis or be nominated for the higher rank according to the "International Convention on ranks."
The summary of the agenda of the 8th World Congress - 2016 will be the following:
(The detailed agenda and voting procedures will be addressed later)
World Congress of masters:
- Organization of the passages of ranks and the sessions of thesis defense for the masters. Votes for the nominations
- Annual report of the General Secretary of the World Council of masters
- Approval on the new members and the radiations
- Approval the projects relative to the functioning of the World Council of masters
- Election of the new member’s leaders of the World Council of masters for the mandate 2016-2020.
General Assembly of the World Federation:
- Annual report of the President of the World Federation
- Report about Cups :
- European Cup-Geneva, Switzerland - 2012
- 4th World Cup - Paris, France 2014
- African Cup - Rabat, Morocco in 2015
- European Cup - Liège, Belgium-2016
- Decision on acceptance the new member(s) or exclusion existing member(s). Election of the President of the World Federation for the mandate 2016-2020.
The organizing committee will be under the responsibility of the Vovinam Việt Võ Đạo Federation of Western United States.
The organizing committee will be responsible funding for accommodation and meals for the duration of the congress.
We wish you a good preparation for a complete success of the next congress.
Paris, on 21-07-2015.
General Secretary of the World Council of masters of Vovinam-Việt Võ Đạo,
Master Trần Nguyên Đạo.
President of the World Federation of Vovinam-VVĐ,
Master Nguyễn Thế Thierry
On behalf of the World Council of Masters and of the World Federation of Vovinam VietVoDao, we wish you success and health in this New Year 2015, for you and your family.
Meilleurs vœux pour cette nouvelle année 2015. Tous les projets seront couronnés de succès grâce à la détermination et le dynamisme.
Best wishes for this New Year 2014. All projects will be successful due to the determination and the dynamism.
Xin gửi những lời chúc tốt đẹp nhất cho năm 2015.
Mọi dự án được thành công tốt đẹp đều do sự quyết tâm và năng động.
From 25 to 26 July 2014, fifteen nations met in Paris on occasion of the 4th World Cup to share the martial spirit and to bring to life universal values of Vovinam-Viet Vo Dao.
The growing success of this global event is the result of common work and guarantees the sustainability of our martial art on an international scale.
The Organizing Committee wishes to express its thanks and sincere appreciation to:
- All delegations for their active participation.
- All diplomatic personalities of the attending nations who spent their valuable time and support for this event.
- All media, sponsors and partners for their cooperation and contribution.
- All competitors for offering such a spectacle! Thanks to them, the public enjoyed and took pleasure in discovering the Vovinam-Viet Vo Dao.
- All participants and spectators for their support and interest.
- All teachers and masters for their hard work and dedication.
- All volunteers for their generosity and contributing to the success of this event.
Thank you very much and see you to the next edition "World Cup 2018" !
THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
|PAYS - COUNTRY - QUỐC GIA||TOTAL|
|France - Pháp||12||20||16||48|
|Belgique - Belgium - Bỉ||09||01||06||16|
|Sénégal - Senegal||05||03||01||09|
|Maroc - Marocco - Ma-rốc||02||-||03||05|
|Espagne - Spain - Tây Ban Nha||01||04||02||07|
|Etats-Unis - USA - Mỹ
|Suisse - Switzeland - Thụy Sĩ||01||-||01||02|
|Ukraine - Ukraina||01||-||-||01|
|Bielorussie - Belarus - Bạch Nga||-||02||-||02|
|Pologne - Poland - Ba Lan||-||01||01||02|
|Russie - Russia - Nga||-||01||-||01|
|Allemagne - Germany - Đức||-||-||02||02|
|Australie - Australia - Úc||-||-||-||-|
|Niger - Nigeria
|TOTAL - TỔNG SỐ :